November 3, 2020
We trust that all is well with you and your family as we navigate this new normal.
Based on the pronouncement made by the Ministry of Education, school is closed until further notice. As a result, students must be meaningfully engaged in teaching and learning, until they return to the face to face classroom setting. The students will be taught new concepts through either one or a combination of platforms. Teachers will be utilizing platforms such as Google Classroom, Google Meet, Edmodo, Zoom, WhatsApp, or Email to teach your child/ward.
By now, your child/ward’s teacher should have communicated the platform for the continuity of teaching. During this difficult time, we would like to solicit your support and cooperation to ensure that we deliver quality instruction to your child or ward. We have recognized that this is a difficult period of adjustment for you. For this reason, we urge your involvement and cooperation as the teachers work with your child/ward.
Feel free to contact the school through telephone, Email, Remind or WhatsApp (519-8973), should you have any queries or require further clarification. We are in the process of scheduling Grade Level Zoom Meetings to engage you in the way forward for assessment and end of term reports. The link for the meetings will be provided later this week; if you are unable to attend ensure that you have someone there to represent you.
Please take note of the following for your child/ward:
- Set up a designated study or workspace.
- Help build a daily schedule based on his/her class expectations.
- Provide or assign the required supervision and monitoring of seated work, to ensure the completion of assigned tasks.
- Familiarize yourself with the Virtual Learning Platform.
- See learning in everyday activities and use it as opportunities to bond/connect.
- Listen to your child/ward and understand that children also experience stress.
- Practice and promote daily our school’s life skills of responsibility, integrity, safety, and empathy.
- Engage in at least 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
- Teach your child/ward to be safe from online predators.
- Be vigilant!
Please make sure your family continues to practice the mandated health and safety protocols such as frequent handwashing, sanitizing and wearing of face masks in public, to reduce on the spread of Covid-19. Furthermore, avoid taking your child/ward out in public unless it is necessary. We all need to play our part to fight this dreadful pandemic.
Thanking you for your usual support and cooperation. Please continue to be safe!
Cyiana Norley-George (Mrs.)