January 7, 2020
Ref: CRMS Operation System for January 2021
Happy New Year to you and your family! The administration and staff of the Carmen René Memorial School wishes you God’s richest blessings for a healthy, productive, and fulfilling 2021. We would like to urge you to continue to practice the mandated protocols and be safe.
We are happy to report the return of our students to the physical classroom setting on Monday 11th January 2021. Our students have been out of the face-to-face classroom for the past few weeks and rest assured provisions are in place to ensure quality delivery of instruction for all Grade Levels.
Due to our large school population, we were instructed to continue with the fixed alternate system.
A few notable changes were made to our schedule for the month of January. This was done to ensure that students of Grade One through to Grade Five receive an additional day of instruction for each week.
We have also prepared an Information Sheet with our Standard Operating Procedures which highlights our school’s general health and safety protocols, in managing our day-to-day operations. Please take time to review the information presented and share with your child/ward.
To meet the mandated social distancing protocols for large schools as stipulated by the Ministry of Education, the following changes were made in the operations of our school:
- Kindergarten students will attend school Monday to Thursday. They will be required to stay home on Fridays. This is to facilitate students of Grade One to Grade Five receiving three days of face-to-face instruction. Grade K students will receive instructional packages to complete on that day.
- GRADE SIX:
- Grade Six students will attend school Monday to Thursday. They will be required to stay home on Fridays. This is to facilitate students of Grade One to Grade Five receiving three days of face-to-face instruction. Grade Six students will engage in Online Learning during the school day.
- GRADES ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR & FIVE:
- Students will remain in their respective groups (Group A and Group B).
- Each group will attend school on FIXED ALTERNATE days. Group A attends school on Mondays and Wednesdays. Group B attends school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However, both Group A and Group B report to school every Friday.
- Please see the attached Calendar with the Schedule for January 2021.
- RE-OPENING OF SCHOOL
GROUP A: Monday 11th January 2021 (For Students in Group A)
GROUP B: Tuesday 12th January 2021 (For Students in Group B)
Thanking you for your usual support and cooperation.
Cyiana Norley-George (Mrs.)