At our school, we strongly believe that parental involvement is key to student success. We understand and appreciate that the education of a child involves three critical components: teacher, student, parents. As a result, we nurture and build this relationship from inception with the following core practices: Orientations, Parents Meeting, Parents Letters, Termly Newsletters, Orientation Guides, Summer Brochures, Parent Conferencing, Open Days, Special Class Meetings, Notes to Parents and Invitations to all School activities. The school also keeps parents abreast with school activities via our Facebook Page and Website. Some of our teachers also communicate using WhatsApp Groups and other Social Media platforms. Our parents are our greatest supporters and we value this partnership. The two quotes below sums up beautifully how we feel about our parents:
Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent.” Anonymous
“There are two and only two keys to educational success: hard work and parental involvement.” Michael Farris
SCHOOL EXPECTATIONS: PARENTS RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Encourage regular and punctual attendance of your child/ward.
2. Ensure that your child adheres to the school’s dress code. When this is not possible, the school must be informed in writing.
3. Be actively involved and take supportive interests in your child/ward’s work and progress.
4. Monitor his/her time and self management practices such as homework, study habits and assignments.
5. Support the beliefs, values and expectations of the school.
6. Ensure that you read through the communications notebook to keep in touch with the school.
7. Ensure that you sign your child/ward’s homework and that it is presented neatly.
8. Keep the school informed of changes in family or student circumstances.
9. Provide your child/ward with the necessary tools and materials for school
1. When entering the compound, you must first seek permission with the office before proceeding further.
2. You must be properly dressed on school compound (short tops, low cut tops, exposed backs/cleavages/mid riffs, spaghetti straps, extremely short skirts/pants are inappropriate).
3. All issues with other students must be dealt with through the principal. NO student should be approached, questioned, harmed or threatened by any parent as a means of settling disputes.
4. Parents wishing to with draw a child before dismissal must report to the office to sign the child out before leaving with the child.
5. You must inform the teacher or Principal, if your child/ward is unable to attend school.
6. Every student must have a report book. It must be signed and returned promptly to the school.
7. You must give verbal/written consent for your child /ward to participate in prescribed school activities.
8. Every student should be enrolled in an after school activity.
9. Your child/ward is assigned a House( Lewis, Renè, Walcott/Gill). You are not allowed to switch houses once it has been assigned.
10. The name and logo of the school are copyrighted and must not be used for any purpose including use on social media.
11. Parents must respond to requests to visit the school in the interest of your child/ward.
12. You are allowed to drive into the school yard ONLY on rainy days.